On March 17, 2013, we transitioned from the PC(USA) into the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. We are a congregation centered in Jesus Christ as revealed by the Word of God in the Old and New Testaments of the Bible. All of our programs, our ministries and missions center on the love of God expressed in Jesus Christ and revealed through the Holy Scriptures.
By the grace of God through faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior, we enjoy salvation and strive to draw near to God through prayer and worship. While we gather weekly to praise the Lord in community, we also understand that our relationship with Christ is a daily lifestyle of worship as we live out the gospel and reach out to others with a helping hand and a message of hope.
Our essential tenets and position on various issues can be viewed at our denominational website.
On October 14, 2016, we transitioned from Boone Church EPC to Caldwell Presbyterian Church (EPC), when we transfered the Boone Church property to Boone Memorial Presbyterian Church PC(USA) and moved to a new location for our Worship.
History of our Church
At the urging of a local Presbyterian women's group, Rev. William Judson Boone founded this church in 1888 as the First Presbyterian Church of Caldwell. Later, in 1891 while he continued to pastor at 1st Pres., Rev. Boone went on to found the College of Idaho, just down the street from the current church sanctuary. The church has enjoyed a strong informal connection with the College of Idaho for many years and continues to reach out to students and faculty with various programs and fellowship opportunities.
Shortly after WWII, First Presbyterian Church moved to the corner of 14th Ave. and Dearborn and was renamed "Boone Memorial Presbyterian Church" in honor of its founder.
The sanctuary was constructed using a unique lay of clinker brick and pieces of a demolished local schoolhouse as well as the demolished court house. If you look closely, you can still see molded bricks from these two old structures in the exterior brickwork.
Each Sunday morning, the bell, preserved from the original building, calls people to worship from atop the steeple.